Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bottled Doppelbock

I am looking forward to this one. Last Sunday I bottled my Dopplebock. While I swore i would never go back to bottling after kegging... i decided this beer deserved a bottle. Actually... i'm out of kegs in my fridge (can anyone say expansion?) so i decided to bottle instead. I still have the pumpkin ale and stout on tap, so i've been making some pumpkin java black and tans.

So in about 4 weeks the dopplebock will be ready to drink.. stay tuned

Another thing i thought about: my other beer that is currently lagering is a Belgium Blonde, high gravity... perhaps I should bottle this one as well...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh...don't even pretend that the pumpkin spice black and tan is your idea! It's great though isn't it. Smokey with the nice depth of the java and the homieness of the pumpkin. Definitely a great winter beer.

How about you bottle that and send me a few!

Unknown said...

You're right, i can't claim that idea... That stout turned out very tasty, and the pumpkin ale complements it very well. In fact I'm having one right now... lucky me...
You're going to have to come here more often to sample the wares...

Unknown said...

I went to a bar last week and the most sophisticated beer they had was a Heineken. The beer culture here just isn't the same.

Unknown said...

LA isn't a beertown. People in LA seem to be concerned about their appearance and beer isn't the drink of choice... however alot of those mixed drinks are chock full of sugars...
San Fran is a bit better and San Diego has some great breweries. You need to go to Portland if you want a real beertown on the west coast...
There are some bars in Pittsburgh that cater to the mixed drink crowd, which is fine, but the best beer you'll get at these places is miller lite and/or heineken.